Dec 15, 2008

Poor Baby Ryder

The bone scan showed a hot spot on his right leg so the MD ordered more x-rays. So, off we went for more tests. FINIALLY an answer. The x-rays showed a nice broken bone. His little fibula (the smaller of the 2 lower leg bones) was broken. They said it showed on this x-ray b/c his little bone was already calcifying and thats what we were seeing. personally, I think they missed it. It was a little frustraiting having to go through all the other tests but I am relieved they found out what it was and it wasn't anything more serious. Dont know how he managed to do this. We have some ideas but really aren't sure.We went back to the orthopedic doctor and he put a boot on his leg. He has to wear it for 4 weeks. It pretty much the cuttest/ saddest thing. He has adapted well to this new addition. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God! I have been soooooo worried about yall! Thank God it was something "minor" like this. I am soooo happy for you girl! Hope to see you over Christmas and meet that handsome little boy!!!! Love to all!

christina said...

Awww...Rydes- your the first person to ever look even more adorable with that cast on your leg. Bet you're milking it for all its worth! Haha, give him some extra lovin for me, Koley.

Sue-Anne said...

Gosh I can't believe how big he is getting. I'm with you that they probably missed it, but what can ya do. He looks so cute in it, it gives him that "battle wound" look. I bet it really impresses all the little girlies.