Dec 26, 2008

Christmas Day

Unfortunately for me but fortunatly for all the laboring women, the job I chose never closes... even on holidays. So lucky me I got to work Christmas eve. A very crazy Chrismas eve. Wanna hear what happened? Well, with out providing too many details we had 2 STAT c-sections (thankfully both moms an baby's were ok) 1 really really sick mom.We a baby that was not doing well at delivery, the docotor ended up using a vacuum to help get the baby out but the baby wasnt breathing and they called a code so NICU had to run out of the OR where they were about to do an emergent c-secion on a 23 weeker to this other pts room until another NICU team got there. That baby ended up in NICU then they called another code in the OR so more NICU ppl came down and that baby ended up in the NICU. It was an intense night. One of the things I love about my job. you never know what is going to happen and things can change within less that a second. Pretty cool.
Anyway,When I got home Christmas morning, we did presents with Ryder then I went to bed. My awesome husband got me/us tickets to see the Trans Siberian Orchestra! How cool! The only problem is that I'm scheduled to work that night so I am frantically trying to find someone to switch shifts with me. I slept for all of 3 hours and 45 minutes (NOT enough time) then we headed over to my inlaws to do Christmas with them and all the nieces and nephews. I totally would have enjoyed it more had I not been so sleepy but it was fun to see Ryder actually get a little more involved in the excitment this year. Last year, he turned 5 months on Christmas so he was pretty much just a blob but this year... ohhhh man, those boxes were awesome. He loved tearing the wrapping (After we started it of course) then once it was unwrapped, he just wanted to sit on the box or push it around. Didn't care much for what was in it but seriously loved the box. it was cute. Overall it was fun, a little too much yelling if you ask me, stresses me out a little along with some other things that I wont add but, another fun exciting Christmas with memories to last forever!!!!! It was hard not being with my family for the 2nd year in a row but we will have Christmas with them when they get back from Kansas. Im equally excited! =)


Ryder with Daddy



the neices and nephews and a very sleepy Ryder who's hair matches the couch (lol)



Ryder and Alyssa escaping with a unopened box

1 comment:

Sue-Anne said...

I think we could've saved a lot of money had we just got the 2 of them boxes=) Sorry you didn't get to spend it with your family, I know how you feel, it's been a LONG time since i've spent Christmas with mine =( We need to get the kiddos together when theres not so much chaos & soo many people