Oct 7, 2008

Ryders Surgery part 1

Ryder has his surgery on Thursday. Its not serious or anything, just a day surgery. BUT. that is my little boy that I will be handing over to a doctor and his team. That is my baby that they will be putting to sleep and then CUTTING on. I trust them... I do. What I am having a hard time with is not being able to tell him where he is going, knowing that he won't understand whats going on and I have no way of telling him, he won't understand that Jeremiah and I will be there when he wakes up and that we love him. He wont be able to tell me exactly what and where he is hurting and if they/I give him any meds if they are working. Working in the medical field, I know what goes on in the OR, what the MD's talk about, the music they listen to the occational "oops" that can be fixed that isnt said to anyone etc. That also scares me. I want them to focus on what they are doing, not talk about their life but focus on my little life. you know? The unknown gets me nervous... b/c its out of my control. He feeds so much on what he sees around him. If I get upset, he cries. If I laugh, he laughs. If I "talk loudly" to the dog, he does too. So, with this pattern, Jeremiah and I really have to work on keeping ourselves together in front of him so he doesnt get worked up and cry b/c mommy is crying. Again, this isnt like a major life threatening surgery but, thats my baby. please keep us in your prayers on Thursday.
first 24 hours of life =)
Proud mommy and daddy
first bath =) so so cute!!

4 comments:

Breenette said...

I am all over it! We will be praying for little man for sure! Please text me / call me to let us know how he is doing! What time is the surgery again?

Kristina said...

its at 730am at presby plano. we have to be there at 6 (ugh). Thank you for your prayers!!

Sue-Anne said...

Our thoughts and prayers are def. with our little man. I know it's very scary and I can def relate, Zachary's had sx 4 times! I'm not sure how long ya'll have to stay but I'd love to come see him or even sit there with you guys if you want. Let me know-I am here for you.

Jonna said...

Prayers coming from this way too! I can't even imagine how you feel! Keep us all updated!