May 26, 2009

little boy to big boy

This last week (may 17-23) has been a big for my little Rydes. Monday night Jeremiah cut Ryders passy and told him it was broken.

One of the broken nassy's

Ryder would try to put it in his mouth and it would fall right out. He would say "nassy. It broken". It was supper sad to watch. Those first 2 nights were rough b/c he would ask for it. By wednesday he wanted nothing to do with the broken "nassy" but was having trouble figuring out how to calm down and relax to fall asleep. Now, I think he has it figured out, or well is on the right track. Sometimes I wish we still had it for in the car though. Oh man, nothing gets on my nerves more then listening to him whine/wimper in the back seat.


Then on Saturday while I was sleeping Jeremiah took down one of the sides of Ryders crib and made it the toddler bed. I was not exactly for this step but not totally against it either. He wasnt crawling out of his crib yet and it was still confining him. My husbands rational: If I fall asleep on the couch while he is asleep, when he gets up he can just come get me. *enter Kristina sighing and slightly rolling my eyes*. ummmm, riiiight. more like he will be woken up by Ryder falling off something or breaking something or by a loud noise of him getting into something while YOU ARE SLEEPING! geez.

Well, thank goodness. Once he is put in bed, he doenst get up and when he wakes up he usually lays there talking to himself, yelling "mooooommmmy daaadddddy", or cries but wont get out of bed.... yet. But at least once usually twice during the night we will wake up to a little thud, followed by a cry of him falling out of bed. I chuckle a little to myself. Shutup-its funny. Other than that he is doing great!!!

My sweet pumpkin sleeping soundly in his big boy bed =)



2 comments:

Sue-Anne said...

Yay Ryder!! I still love his bed by the way

christina said...

Awww, my Rydes is growing up so fast- he'll be 2 in a few months, wow, can't believe that!!!